My lovely writer friend, Susan Rosebuck, has given me a Sunshine Award.
She is the author of the stunning Perfect Score - a moving story of two young men from very different backgrounds, the passion and struggles they face. If you haven't read it yet, prepared to be hooked from the first page!
In line with the rules of The Sunshine Award, here are ten things that make me smile:
1. A perfect rainbow set against a leaden sky (saw one once across the M62 motorway near Huddersfield. Awesome!)
2. My cat Mimi, purring
3. Kittens (I just melt)
4. Landing at Schwechat Airport in Vienna
5. Sunset over the sea or on the Nile
6. Watching Richard Hawley in concert
7. A really good Margaux
8. Finishing my edits and feeling the story really works
9. Anthony Gormley's 'Another Place' installation on Crosby beach (known colloquially as The Iron Men)
10. This lovely walk down by the river in Hay on Wye
OK, now I'm passing this on to some other lovely writer friends: